Master of Public Administration

Can international applicants apply to the City Management Fellowship program?
Due to employment restrictions associated with the student visa, international applicants are usually not eligible to apply to the City Management Fellowship program (the Fellowship includes both part-time or full-time employment during both years of the program).

Is the GRE required for international applicants?
Yes, all international applicants must submit GRE scores. When you take the GRE, please designate the University of Kansas to receive your scores. The institution code is 6871, and the School code is 4801.

Are TOEFL scores required for international applicants?
In most cases, yes, either TOEFL or IELTS scores indicating minimum English proficiency scores are required. The only exception is if the applicant can verify graduation with a baccalaureate degree (or higher) earned in residence from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education, or from such an institution whose medium of instruction is English. This does not apply to degrees earned online.

Resources for international students: